Pilates & Beyond
Pilates and Beyond is without doubt, the best pure Pilates studio and teacher training school in Brisbane, and offers world renowned movement and pure Pilates specialists with over 30 years experience. We have trained elite athletes, Pilates instructors and clients all over the globe, assisting thousands of people in achieving a healthier, functional body, with increased balance, posture, strength and mobility.
Our exclusive studio in Paddington, Brisbane is home to a team of expertly trained and certified pure Pilates instructors, who are fully committed to helping you to get the results you want!
Classical Pilates ?
Classical Pilates is an exercise method developed by Joseph Pilates nearly a century ago.
Pilates is proven to reshape and tone the body without causing stress and imbalance. The movement is rhythmic, fluid and focused to build greater strength, flexibility and endurance. It is layered and structured as a system that requires progressive learning and mastery.
WHAT MAKES CLASSICAL PILATES
Different from contemporary methods?
There are various interpretations of Joseph Pilates’ work and some contemporary formats of the method lose sight of the original format and technique.
Joseph and his wife Clara originally taught his program informally to his “apprentices” that involved years of observing and practising what Joe did.
As the Pilates exercise method increased in popularity, some training programs deviated from the original method. These new methods can be considered “Pilates based exercise”. Staying true to the original principles created by Joe, is referred to as teaching Classical or Pure Pilates.
This is what we teach at Pilates and Beyond.
WHAT ARE THE
Defining characteristics of classical Pilates
- Teaches Pilates in its original form, with minor changes that reflect the advancement of scientific understanding of the human body. Systematic, sequential order of exercises that focus on flow, which develops endurance and stamina.
- Exercises are taught with a unique and dynamic rhythm and progression occurs as mastery of the exercises can be done with control and precision.
- Pilates is ideally taught in private lessons, or in classes with very small groups. The instructors teach by verbal cues and instruction only, never by doing the class with the students.
- Teachers must complete a rigorous training program consisting of at least 600 hours of class work, observation and personal practice to become Comprehensively Certified. Continuing education is required to maintain certification.
“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.”
- Produces leaner muscles
- Gives you greater freedom of movement
- Improves your posture
- Increases your core strength and joint stability
- Helps prevent injuries
- Conditions your body
- Balances your strength & flexibility
- Low impact – easy on the joints
- Improves performance in other sports
- Improves balance, coordination & circulation
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
Classes are by appointment only . From 5 am till 7 pm.
Booked Out Classes
The following classes are booked out. Please call to inquire about when a space becomes available.
Monday tower 6 pm
Wednesday tower 6 am
Thursday reformer and chairs : 6pm
Saturday reformer and chairs : 6 am and 6.45 am
Tower 7.30 am
CHOOSE FROM OUR PRE-PAID
Private Training Packages
- 5 Classes with principal instructors
- 5 Classes with studio director
- 5 Classes with certified instructor
- 10 Classes with principal instructors
- 10 Classes with studio director
- 10 Classes with certified instructor
- 5 Tower classes
- 10 Tower classes
- 5 Reformer and chairs classes
- 10 Reformer and chairs classes
All prices are exclusive of GST
“Pilates & Beyond is fantastic! I have been attending classes for nearly 2 years and have learned so much from my instructors. I have seen significant improvements in my posture, balance and stamina, and I feel great. Keep up the great work Patricia ;-)”
“The instructors really know their stuff and are happy to adjust a session to cater for your specific needs. I highly recommend Pilates & Beyond to anyone who is looking to get fit and stay fit.”
“It was a bit hard at the start but Patricia was able to talk me through everything and it didn’t take me long to get the hang of it. It’s always a bit of a physical challenge for me, but I’m loving the results from my weekly sessions and have started telling all of my friends to come along with me.”
“You guys are awesome. I’m so happy I found you. Thank you for everything you have done for me the the last 18 months. I feel so much lighter in my mind as well as my body. Keep up the great work xxx.”
“Don’t be the same…
Studio LocationOur studio is located at 208 Given Terrace, Paddington, QLD 4064
Our studio is located at 208 Given Terrace, Paddington, QLD 4064
Let's Talk !We have experts waiting to talk to you about your specific needs.
Let's Talk !
Call 0467 983 691 Today!
Or click the button to request a booking
Send Us An EmailSend us an email with your questions and we'll contact you as soon as we can.
We're Standing By!